by Esthi David
3 Medium Eggplants
3 Medium Onions
1. Chop the onions, sprinkle with salt and set aside in an open container
2. Prick the eggplants with a fork, so they won't burst in the oven. Place the eggplants in the grill section of your oven, on high heat. Turn eggplants over, when the outer skin has burned.
3. Remove the eggplants from oven, sprinkle with salt and cover.
4. Once the eggplants have cooled, separate the outer skin fromthe inside of the eggplant and place on a clean cutting board. Let the cooking juices flow off the cutting board.
5. Drain juice from onions.
6. Add onions to eggplants and keep in a covered container, in the refrigerator (even for a few days). Make up a small batch as needed (since it is best prepared as close to the actual serving time as possible).
7. To prepare, add a small amount of olive oil and use a hand blender or food processor and mix until the salad becomes creamy. Add salt as needed.
8. You can also add a bit of mayonnaise or tahina (sesame paste).