by Lilit Restaurant
2.2 lb./1 kilo Portobello Mushrooms
½ cup Carrots, chopped into small cubes
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 Shallot, finely diced
¼ cup Parsley, finely chopped
4 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
2 Cups Bread Crumbs
1. Season mushrooms with oil, pepper and salt.
2. Grill the mushrooms in a heated oven (350 Farenheit/180 Celsius), until the juices evaporate.
3. Cool mushrooms slightly and process them in a food processor, to a coarse consistency.
4. Fry carrots, shallot and garlic until golden brown.
5. Combine mushrooms,fried vegetables, balsamic vinegar, mayonnaise, and egg. Add the breadcrumbs and mix thoroughly.
6. Divide the mixture into four. Shape the mixture into four burgers. Fry the burgers in corn or sunflower oil, on both sides.
7. You can also top it with cheese, (such as Gouda) and let it melt.
Serve on an open-faced burger roll with mayonnaise and tomato as well as pickle and French fries.