Source: Daniel Rogov's z"l Israeli Wine and Dinning
Servings: Serves 6 - 8
1/4 cup butter
2 1/4 lb. (1 kilo) Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and sliced (if Jerusalem artichokes are not available, use the hearts of regular artichokes)
2 large onions, sliced thinly
1 1/2 Tbsp. powdered mustard
6 cups chicken stock
1 bouquet garni made by tying together 2 sprigs each of parsley and thyme and 1 bay leaf
3/4 cup yogurt
2 tsp. parsley, chopped finely
1. In a saucepan melt the butter over a low flame.
2. Add the artichokes, onion and mustard, cover and cook gently for about 10 minutes.
3. Pour over the stock, stir well, and bring the mixture to a boil.
4. Add the bouquet garni, reduce the flame, cover and simmer gently for 1/2 hour.
5. Puree the still solid portions of the soup, add the yogurt and parsley and, over a low flame heat through, stirring constantly without allowing to boil. Serve hot. (Serves 6 - 8).
Reprinted with permission from Daniel Rogov's z"l Israeli Wine and Dinning